Wednesday 29 April 2009

A couple of unsigned cuts...

Gonna be a bit quiet on the blog front this week cos I'm up to the eyeballs in iDJ reviews for the Summer issue (out early June)... but been sent a couple of nice unsigned bits that can't really go in the mag so thought I'd give 'em a shout on here.

First up is Jay C & Shena's The Music. I'm guessing this is the same Shena that used to work with Full Intention – sounds like it could be, anyway. This is a full-on vocal 'funky house' cut that'll suit those of us with an inner Unashamed Disco Dolly… yagetmi? Not very hip or clever or cool, but I quite like it. Packed with hands in the air pianos and a wobbly breakdown bit that reminds me of N-Joi's Anthem (one of my all-time favourite records... told you I was unashamed haha). Find out more about In Bed With Space resident Jay-C at www.jay-c.co.uk

Meanwhile Party Time by Polish DJ Matush lifts chunks of vocal from Todd Terry's version of Weekend and sticks 'em over a check-yer-brains-at-the-door funky/electro-house backing. Even less hip or clever or cool than the Jay-C track, but I can see the Poles lovin' it. Which I guess is what it's for. This one comes at you as part of Cardiff-based Grooveland Records's 'unsigned' project so click the link to find out more about them.


No comments:

Post a Comment