Saturday 6 March 2010

Various - V/A 001 (Left'd)

Out for a week now is this debut release from Left'd, a new imprint from the Leftroom stable.

The EP features four artists, none of whom I've come across before (I don't think, anyway). Mark Chambers & Soho contribute a deep, jazz-laden shuffle called (appropriately enough) Deep, Mark Burton & Tim Lawson explore trippier, more electronic territory on the lovely Playdo, Rusty James serves up some primetime disco-infused deep house dancefloor action on Everybody's Talkin', while You Ain't Dancin' from Shadi Megallaa rounds out the EP with a little swung Berlin flava, perfect for warm-up duties.

On this evidence, I'll look forward to hearing more from Left'd, and from the artists involved, soonest!

Out: Now

About: Think I explained all that. But here's the Leftroom MySpace where you can currently HEAR all four tracks and, oh, I found Playdo on Soundcloud as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment