Friday 4 June 2010

Marc Leaf - However Do You Want Me

One of things I love about music is that no form of it ever dies. Not really. If you don't believe me, look in your local library/free paper and I bet you can find a recital of medieval lute music, and a 1940s swing dance. Which is good.

Similarly, bassline house reversions of Soul II Soul club classics (if you'll pardon the pun) are probably about the least hip thing in the whole world right now... but that doesn't stop Uber Digital up in Leeds from putting this out. And god bless 'em for it, cos however much great post-minimal deep house I might be getting sent at the moment, not many of those uber-cool tracks from Berlin and San Francisco and Romania get me grinning from ear to ear on first listen and bouncing in my chair within the first 60 seconds. Which this did.

Three mixes: Si Biddle, Levi Lewis, and Leaf's own More Organ Mix. And how was I ever not going to go for the More Organ Mix, eh?

Out: This week

About: This is on Uber Digital, which is run by Mr Leaf and his cohorts who also run the Uber night at Mission in Leeds. They don't seem to have a label website that I can see, but you can check some of their other releases at DJdownload and at Marc's MySpace. Gotta give the boys props as well cos some of the vocals they've burned (Naked Music NYC, Yvette Michelle) suggest they know their proper house n' garage from back in the day all right. They've even managed to fuck about with It's My Pleasure and not incur my wrath, and that's no mean feat...

No comments:

Post a Comment