Friday 11 June 2010

Sare Havlicek - Dreams In Light

I just can't get enough of this record.

Which is odd, in a way. Because I've been known to grumble – frequently, at length, and occasionally in print – about nu-disco's obsession with all things 80s, Italo and synth-tastic, me being more of your 70s kinda disco dolly. And this couldn't really BE much more 80s. In this case, though, it's the vocal that carries it, which is a sheer Bee Gees-via-Scissor Sisters delight… except it's actually a woman by the name of Hannah Mancini, not a bloke singing falsetto. But you'd never guess*.

It's just great, in either the original or dub forms… and then you get two Ray Mang remixes as well! What more could you ask for?

Out: This week

About: This is the the trailer single for the album Toscana Nights, but that's not out till next month so I'm keeping tight-lipped about that for now... in the meantime to HEAR THIS TRACK, visit Sare's MySpace. Or just go buy it here.

*Actually that's a bit harsh, and rather unflattering to Ms Mancini! What I should say is you'd never guess from listening to the chorus - which is all there is on the Dub, and I was listening to the Dub when I wrote it. Sorry Hannah!

No comments:

Post a Comment