Sunday 15 August 2010

Jozef K - The Elevation EP

This has actually been out for a week or so but I'm blogging it now because a) it's good, and I haven't yet, and b) anyone who comes from Manchester, makes house music and names themselves after a Kafka novel is all right by me.

This y'see is the debut release from Kaluki Muzik, a brand new label run by the peeps behind the Megacity 0161 house night of the same name. And Elevation is a nice chuggy, deep-ish house groover, managing to deliver a hefty dose of retro-inspired pianos without sounding all cheesy handbag. Me like. Remixes come from Mr K's fellow Kaluki residents Ellesse & Pete Zorba (tougher, techier), and from Leftroom boss Matt Tolfrey (slightly deeper). All three are eminently playable but I think the Original is my fave.

Out: Now

About: Erm, I've told you about all I know about Kaluki Muzik... I can't find a website but here's Jozef K's MySpace. He's only 21. Crikey.

Oh, and I lived in Manchester for nine years by the way, which is why this being from there suddenly counts for anything. Just in case anyone was confused.

1 comment: