Sunday 10 October 2010

Heavy Feet - Last Two People

I'm instinctively not a fan of this urban/dance crossover-type stuff. Particularly not when it's got AutoTuned vocals and 'rapping' on it. No doubt if I was, 20 I'd be wearing too many colours and stupid big trucker caps and loving it, but I'm not. Thankfully.

However, on the off-chance that Last Two People turns out to be this year's Day & Night, may I just bring your attention to the DCUP Remix and the Club Dub, which respectively throw elements of disco and classic house into the usual electro/grime/crunk/neon stew, and as such are actually reasonably playable.

Could still do without the 'rap', though. To all Brits thinking of rapping: go listen to John Barnes on World In Motion. That's you, that is.

Out: This week

About: This is on Stamp! Beats who I don't know much (anything) about, but I can tell you that Mike 'Heavy Feet' seems like a friendly sort of chap and you can find him (and this) on MySpace.

No comments:

Post a Comment