Tuesday 4 January 2011

Edmund feat Natasha Watts - Fantasy

Edmund FantasyAnother one where I'm not sure of the release date. But hey, it's my boy Diego, AKA Edmund, so we'll review it anyway.

I've been banging on for ages about how good Edmund's stuff is, both on here and in the pages of iDJ. So I won't wax too lyrical right now, suffice to say that this sees him in full vocal mode for a change, but is just as good as his usual deeper, instrumentally-inclined shizzle. It's proof that, contrary to what the efforts of some producers would lead you to believe, it IS still possible in 2011 to do 'soulful' without going all lame-ass and wishy-washy… oh, and there are 12 mixes on offer, from (deep breath) Doobie J & Rob Capewell, Lee Tristram, Ray Paxon, Seb Skalski, House Device, Carlos Vargas, Mojito and DJ Bassi, so if you can't find something to play on this release, then you probably don't like house music very much and I'm quite surprised you're even reading this blog.

Out: Now, almost certainly – but truth be told, any time between early November 2010 and July 17, 2036, for all I know. Tsk!

About: As I said, I've been bigging up Edmund for ages, so for now let's just talk about the label this is on, Daddy Funk 45, who seem to exist online mostly as a Soundcloud page. The label is run by the Soul Intention crew, and not to be confused with Ian Dewhirt's reissue label of the same name (Soul Intention, that is). Just in case you're confused. I was, for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment