Saturday 8 January 2011

Skeptical - Dream Police/Sphere

skeptical dream policeFor those of a certain age, I get to say, "No, not a dubstep cover of the Cheap Trick 70s 'classic', thankfully"… for everyone under the age of 30 who doesn't know what I'm on about, never mind, suffice to say this is some quality, thinking man's dubstep. Or at least I'd call it dubstep, though the press release is touting it as 'future D&B'.

But I'm calling it dubstep, so nyah.

Not gonna wax too lyrical as I'd be the first to admit I'm no great expert on dubstep, but if stupid gnarly-for-gnarly's-sake warping basslines and iffy AutoTune'd trance-style vocals aren't your thing, take solace in this uncompromising slab of techno-dub. It's, er, rude. Or something. I'm slightly preferring Sphere to Dream Police I think, but both are worth checking.

Out: This week

About: This is on new-ish (est 2009) London-based label Ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment