Sunday 27 February 2011

Greg Stainer - Nivram

Greg Stainer NivramSeamless regular Greg returns with this relatively uptempo deep houser that's got definite hints of that Berlin/eastern Europe jauntiness about it. Its slightly skippy feel and looped n' chopped (male) vocal also nod towards the more experimental end of UK garage circa 2000 – and yes, there was one.

David Herrero's remix loses the skippy feel, goes for a slightly more carnival vibe and adds some tootling sax, while Treitl Hammond & Justus go for the deep/tech jugular and add some almost proggy chord stabs. A nice varied package mix-wise then, but neither beats the original for me.

Out: Oh... not until 14 March, now I come to look at the hype sheet again, so why I'd stuck it in the 'W/c 21 Feb' folder I don't know. Still, no harm in being upfront for once!

About: You know Seamless by now, surely? And you know Greg Stainer's a regular on the label, you know David Herrero's Spanish, so I'll just tell you that Hammond & Justus, new names to me, have apparently had stuff out on Neurotic Groove and Ultra. And give you a Seamless link as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment