Monday 21 March 2011

Various - The Sound Of Amsterdam Vol 3

Sound Of Amsterdam 3Okay, so what we're mostly going to be doing on This Is Why We Dance this week is playing a game of catch-up... something I intended to do over the weekend, but I accidentally bought a kayak instead (tell me that isn't my best excuse for non-blogging shoddiness yet). But now to business, and let's kick off with some rather splendid house comps that hit the racks last week. First up, this third in 90watts' The Sound Of Amsterdam series.

If you read this blog or iDJ regularly, you'll already know that 90watts is one of my favourite labels right now, so it should come as no surprise that I'm well into this. The 90watts sound is for me exactly where the most exciting house music is at in 2011: either rather techy, post-minimal deep house, or the deepest shades of tech house, depending how you look at it. Or, you could just call it quality jacking underground house music, and leave it at that.

Ten tracks, and ten artists that, apart from label boss Jens De Langer, you've probably never heard of… but then that's always the best way innit? There's not a dud among 'em, but I'd suggest Girl Talk by Ferreck Dawn and Grey Haze by Angelo D'Onorio are particularly worthy of your attention....

Out: Last week, but I was messing about on the river.

About: Already bigged up 90watts enough for one post I think so here's their website and let's leave it at that! You can find 'em on all the usual social networking sites from there anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment