Thursday 30 June 2011

SumSuch - My Keepsake

First thing I've had through in a while from Etoka, as far as I can recall, but there's no let-up in quality from the Liverpudlian deep/tech house imprint here.

You get six tracks in all on this EP, with three mixes apiece of the title track and Underwear Model. Alvaro Hylander's deeper, groovier take on the latter wins out over the more soundscape-y/abstract Original and Harold Heath rubs, for me, and indeed is probably my fave cut on the whole EP, while as for the mixes of My Keepsake itself, it's Mr Heath's time to shine, though the Mr Cenzo and Leigh Morgan mixes ain't half bad either.

Out: This week on Beatport only, then everywhere else in four weeks' time

About: Find out more about the excellent Etoka stable here.

No comments:

Post a Comment