Monday 12 September 2011

S.K.A.M - I See You EP

From the Ostracon review below which isn't really club music at all, let's take a massive genre leap once more and have a look at this latest EP from Denmark's What Happens, which is the kind of thing that just screams 'play me to a dancefloor full of people immediately'.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, What Happens have been on a monster of a roll lately and this three-tracker from Russia's S.K.A.M is no exception. Floating On Air is an uptempo rump-shaker that recalls early UK garage circa 1995/6, when Todd was God; I See You itself rolls and rolls and builds relentlessly in a tech-disco fashion, while Walking On Sunshine is a brass-toting disco-house stomper that fits in with the current resurgence of interest in such vibes nicely.

It's Floating On Air that's the killer for me but all three tracks are eminently playable, making this yet another winner from What Happens.

Out: This week

About: Find What Happens online at MySpace, Facebook or their own website. And here's a website for label boss and general Danish house music mover/shaker Tim Andresen, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment