Thursday 6 October 2011

Nokken - Dirty Planet EP

I mentioned the other day I'd been getting a lot more into techno lately… or getting into a lot more techno lately, if you see what I mean. Well, here's yet another techno release that I'm definitely more into than I probably would have been a few years back.

The Dirty Planet EP consists of three original tracks, entitled Fluxuate, Subtraction and Concentrate, plus an Alternate Mix of Subtraction. Essentially, though, all four cuts work the same kinda vibe: deep, sparse techno heavy on the sound design, but with a darkly groovy quality that for me that was missing from most of that whole 'minimal' thing (under which tag you might otherwise file this) and without any those nasty glitchy beats.

I think it's probably recent explorations of the deeper end of dubstep that've opened my ears to stuff like this more but yeah, this is really rather good.

Out: This week

About: This comes on Wunderkammer Recordings, who are based in Douglas on the Isle of Man… which was also once home to John Coghlan, the drummer out of Status Quo. Why I happen to know this is a long story, but don't say you never learn anything looking on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment