Friday 4 November 2011

Thomas Dieckmann – Don't You Steal From Me

Do you know what the very best thing about being me is? It's when you get sent some music, and it's on a brand new label, by a bunch of people you've never heard of, so you play it, not really expecting miracles or anything… and it totally rocks. I love it when that happens. It's why I do what I do. And I love Don't You Steal From Me, too.

Two tracks, four mixes of proper deep house goodness all the way from Copenhagen. The title track is the most upbeat and jackin' of the lot, Rasmus Juul's remix takes it deeper and a little funkier in a wonky kinda way, Can't Find Words has a bit more of a soulful feel while Mathias Mestono's rerub adds some slightly busier percussion and kinda hovers halfway between Ibiza and Berlin.

All told, four very solid bullets for the deeper dancefloors. More, please.

Out: This week

About: As stated, this comes on a brand new label out of Denmark, Gartenhaus. The hype sheet tells me they'll be bringing us "some of the finest and coolest tech and deep house releases" – on this evidence, I have no reason to doubt that at all. Here they are on Soundcloud (where you can HEAR THIS) and Facebook, and here's an interview with Rasmus Juul, who turns out to be the label boss (and a disgustingly young 22 years old) at ArtRebels.com

No comments:

Post a Comment