Friday 6 April 2012

Nobiilo - Your Love

Imagine the Phenomenal Handclap Band doing their very best impersonation of Salsoul legends Skyy, and you've got a pretty good idea of what this bass-fuelled, sweetly-voiced, lo-slung n' lazy nu-disco gem from Bass United Recordings sounds like.

And with Faze Action on remix duties (as well as Estate and Dirty Mackenzie), well… basically if you dig nu-disco at all then you need this record, end of. So let it squelch and shimmy its way into your life at the first possible opportunity.

That's all I've got to say, really. But yeah, this is great.

Out: This week

About: I suppose I should also tell you that Nobiilo are Zimbabwe-born, Minneapolis-resident vocalist/pianist Sophia Shorai and Bass United Recordings label boss Dory Kahalé (AKA the aforesaid Dirty Mackenzie and, once upon a time, DJ Apollo). So, there, now I have! This is apparently a cover of a French track from 1978, albeit one I'm not sure I've come across personally, and is the label's seventh release. Here's their website and Soundcloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment