Saturday 12 May 2012

Megalodon & Conscious Pilot – Like This

I don't review as much dubstep on here as I'd like to… mainly because I don't get sent that much, particularly since I seem to have fallen off the Rinse FM mailing list. And a lot of the dubstep I do get sent is a bit too gnarly/tear-out/kiddy for TIWWD's obviously extremely mature* and sophisticated musical palette.

This, though… this is good. Dubstep aficionados will recognise Conscious Pilot as having been one of the scene's earliest Stateside supporters, and here he teams up with San Francisco's Megalodon and rapper/toaster Doctor for a track that brings all the heavyweight bass pressure and dancefloor energy you could ask for, yet without being stoopid and in-your-face. And without any shitty trance synth riffs, either.

I think the fact it's got Doctor's ragga-style chat sitting on top, instead of some spotty east London herbert chundering on about garms and skets helps as well! But yeah, this is cool… bass faces at the ready!

Out: This week

About: This comes on Section 8 Dub, who can be found here

*I AM very mature, you know. So n'yer.

No comments:

Post a Comment